Skip to main content

Two States - A Denting Thought for Mulkies


While many are in celebrations, my mind is dented badly with wounded thoughts. Sounds a pathos line beginning in the blog that claims to give little fun in reading? Yes friends, I tried my best to get over it, however, the current developments are immensely painful.
The new states formation (Andhra & Telangana) has put me in a state of dented thoughts, when I rewind all the things I did since the time I was young. The streets I roamed, the number plates on the bikes and cars I drove, the cell phone tariffs, the malls and theatres and many other belonged to  Andhra Pradesh as a whole.

Our proud, historic and nostalgic places etc. all have few interesting stories to share in my life on personal note. Today, these stories have taken an ugly turn and this makes me more hurt as I should refer that “When it was Andhra Pradesh”.

It’s so very weird to think about few things in life that are going to be like, telling the stories to my kid that Hyderabad and other part of Telugu were once called Andhra Pradesh and we are currently living in Telangana.
Come to think of it, I should send my kid to another state during his vacations to meet his grandparents. The thought is not just weird, but is saddening too. Now, this is even more agonizing to know that the next bike or car I buy should bear the number plates starting with TS – Telangana.

This could be one of the terrible encounters for someone who believes being united was always good and especially for those who have lived in Hyderabad while it was the state capital of Andhra Pradesh.

                                                        (Image Courtesy: Google Images)
The times I spent nearby Tank Bund, RTC “X” Roads areas, the moments I had and the stories I cherish have all toppled so badly that all have become the memories of the Telangana land. On this note, I am never against the Telangana folks or their interests, but I have my firm footing and against on state separation.

At this juncture, as a common man, I have a simple formula that I grew up with which was, “Together we grow”. But this state separation bemuses me as I fail to understand how someone can grow strong by forming a new state.
Just that someone says, we get new projects, grants and industries etc. I do not accept it, because we all know how honest our netas are and their urge for money. On the flip side, the new states formation also worries on my child life, as there are plenty of new challenges that are going to arise and for no reason the young little kids are going to experience.

Simple, Rome is not built in a day. May be any of the development initiatives started will need some time to stabilize, sustain and succeed, which in few cases might happen when my kid is old enough to experience worldly challenges. I would not be too surprised some much needed areas like better quality education, jobs and good infrastructure will still have its own challenges even my son retires.

Truly, I feel ashamed for living in this country and worried for my son as this is not something they have to experience. With these insipid projects, progress, down trodden development or facilities can I expect my son to be a potential man for handling future challenges? I really doubt.

 Anyway, with mixed feelings of sadness and disappointment, I welcome the new change and gear up to tell my son few interesting stories with the line, when Hyderabad was Andhra Pradesh capital. Out of curiosity, next is what? Telangana from India? Who is ready? Bangladesh or Pakistan?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Love Letter

Hi Friends, It is after a long sabbatical, I am back on this space to share some thoughts with you. I know my Hamsa second chapter is yet to be published. A lot of work is going on and Hamsa is becoming into a great work. Meanwhile, I thought I will share some new writing and this time tried my hands on poetry. Hope you guys will enjoy similarly in the manner you've appreciated my previous writings. As always, will be happy to receive your thoughts on this too ☺ The Last Love Letter For many mornings and many moons I thought you were one of my boons I moved the horizons to cuddle you in my arm Thought you would snuggle me with your charm I believed our moments are going to be the melodious canary Damn! I am always alone and never had you in my love story I considered, I fought the world for you every tooth and nail Alas! All I see is the restless mind that says it is a massive fail Every m

Hey Its a New Post (HAMSA)

Hello readers! Been really really long time I posted something here. I wasn’t draining out of ideas to write, but wanted to share something that is actually exciting. Actually, I been doing something that is absolutely exciting, at least to me! So without further delays I am posting my first episode of the writing. Few days ago, I was spending a large amount of quiet time thinking about a plot line and was thrilled with the overall idea. The idea, the concept, the setting of the plot and the development of the plot, everything was the effort of my wife and mine (Thank God! For blessing us with some writing abilities). So while working on this idea, I was wondering if I could share this as a Blog Episodes or rather Blogisodes . Does this word even exist? If not let me coin it! Your feedback will give us and also HAMSA an extremely enthusiastic motivation to unfold the story further. Please do not hesitate to express your thoughts. Note: The plot, the setting, the developme

Burning into a Smoulder

I can’t forget to love you more Although, the relationship has gone sore I wait for a new day with a new hope Only to see, that you would hold my hand without a mope I wanted to see a dream with you every night That has us in love and wooing you like a knight All I yearned for was a life with you Never thought you would choose to be on a different skew Those sublime talks and moments Stand as nothing but glorious testaments I really would like to recall those stories once again But damn! You chose to forget and abstain I hoped you would breathe my love always Not once I could think, it would be belittled to grim and haze For you to laugh and cry, I wanted to be your shoulder But alas! I am burning into a smoulder (Image Courtesy: Google)