Skip to main content

Here I am… On the Road Again… Bullet Ride to Basara...


With the charging excitement and burning asphalt, here I am on the road again. And this time the road trip did all the magic it was supposed to. This short getaway also seemed to be the sequel to my recently done Goa trip. Hmm… did I mention Goa? Let me talk about it in my next article.

The quick trip to Basara was keenly looked forward because it was a family outing after really long time. And guys, it was actually really long time. The destination is quite a famous pilgrimage as Goddess Saraswati abodes there.  

My son’s Aksharabhyasam was planned there and somehow, I made up my mind that it has to be done in that village. Not that I am religious or something, but my only intention was that we all as a family would be able to spend together in a new milieu.

Now I hope many of you may be finding some difficulty to read the word referring to the ritual. Let me make things easy for you. It is a customary indicating the child is now ready to obtain formal education. “Welcome to the complex world son”, was my hint indirectly.

After exploring many permutations like; ‘should we all go now or everyone will be able to make it or should we do this ritual locally and plan for Basara some other time… blah… blah…blah, the journey plan was eventually finalized.

The enthusiasm got bigger and better as the discussions funnelled down to second level which were like when should we go and how should we go etc. We cracked up few things like transport and stay, whilst our parents worry continued on whether we would be able to foot all the bills and yet be comfortable throughout the month? We are middle class people and we do not hesitate to think on these lines. Do we?

The long dilly-dally ended and without wasting a minute, we hired a cab for 8 members at home.  The other 2 of us, precisely my brother-in-law and I have decided to ride my bullet, which is about 215 kilometres from my place.

A day prior to the travel, I spent adequate hours at my mechanic shop and got all the repairs done. On the D-day, I wrapped up my work and rushed back home around 7. 45pm. Took a quick shower and begun my ride… err… glide by 8: 30 pm along with my bro-in-law.

Although, it was little late, both of us were neither in a rush to reach the destination nor to explore the insane riding experiences on the highway. Simple reason, we were very clear that riding on patience is wiser than on egos.

The next thing we know was the grand welcome of the amazing highway that has no reason to complian.  The bullet only knew on giving us a smooth riding experience and thrill of such a long ride, was actually a priceless.

The excitement was high and so was the mood, but we made it a point that we shall use our energies conservatively. Our voluntary breaks at every 50-60 kilometres for our favourite refreshment, which were tea and smokes, have been great help in enjoying the riding experience.  At around 10: 30pm we stopped for dinner as we wanted to avoid erratic food times. The following day is a much-awaited day and we could not afford to lose the core purpose.

With no opinions, we entered a not-so-good-looking dabha. We sat and ordered for a water bottle followed by a menu card. Now, this is the hilarious part, the menu card looks so old that at one point I actually felt that it must have been the archaeological excavation.

Anyway, with not too much of positivity on the culinary abilities, we ordered few rotis and egg kheema curry, with a firm belief that rotis and egg have no much scope to be damaged. The guy who took the ordered seemed so confused and pale, that we began to doubt his comprehending skills.

Ironically, the dabha was not so good looking, yet has a brand new Sony LED TV playing  some crappy movie. We were however, not watching the movie as we were lost in our own conversations and smokes. In the midst of these conversations, comes some piping hot food and with absolutely no clue we took the first bite and damn...

Yes friends, you heard it right, we were lost with the superb taste of the food and we couldn’t resist eating the remaining food. With the cheerfulness for taking the right food stop and hunger in the stomach, we gladly swooped on the entire food.

With delighted spirits we thanked the chef there for serving us really tasty food and our happiness doubled when we were asked to pay only ₹.  125 for 6 rotis, Egg Kheema and soft drinks, reminding me of the Mc Donald’s famous ad, “aaj ke date mein hamare zamane ke rate, ye nahi ho sakta.”

Anyway, with all our happiness in our bellies we continued our ride which was more 125 kilometres pending. The magnificent roads were nothing short of riders’ paradise and a couple of stopovers for tea and smokes, our ride to Basara became more exciting.

The happiness quotient constantly raised and 50 kilometres from Basara we took the final break for a quick relax. Upon drinking some hot tea along with smokes, our last leg of the ride began. Passing through the sleepy roads of Nizamabad at around 2: 00 am, we landed on a deserted road which had no street lights and road divider markers.

Riding through this path was an unexplainable experience, as we were the lone riders on the road. The mixed emotions like a pinch of scare and a dash of curiosity on the road condition ahead have stirred our energy levels and finally helped us reach the Basara village junction.

We could neither find a single soul on the road, nor a signature board to assure our trajectory. With unknown distance ahead, a little drizzle and pitch dark night clocking around 2: 20 am, the road finally connected to us a highway.

Albeit, we knew that we weren’t too far from our destination, we couldn’t find any indicator highlighting our leftover distance. A quick glimpse at our topography, we were able to find a Petrol Station.

With little hope and happiness to find some help, we entered the Petrol Station to find some guidance. Again, the surprises were not exhausted yet as we couldn’t find a single soul. We parked the Bullet, and I started going through the maps, sadly the internet connectivity was absolutely testing our patience. With all options becoming futile, we walked up to their office to find some help. We knocked the door to check the precise directions but to our disappointment, we couldn’t find any help.

With no man in the vicinity and strengthened with our gut instincts, we walked back to our Bullet and were about to club our gear to riding ahead, here comes a shriek, “Who is that?” Our hearts missed a skip or two for a brief time and were scared to see who it was? While our lookout was going on who it was, from behind we hear a stick being hit on the ground and the sound was nearing was.

With bated breath and with a dilemma whether to turn behind or not, we felt a firm touch on our shoulder and within no time, we realized that someone else’s hand on both our shoulders. With silence around, no inhabitation with our purview, we have understood that we rode about 220 kilometres only to experience the most terrifying moment.

With a mixture of these thoughts and with a belief that were going to the final moments of our life, we turned towards the direction the hands were kept on our shoulders. We were….

To be Continued…




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Love Letter

Hi Friends, It is after a long sabbatical, I am back on this space to share some thoughts with you. I know my Hamsa second chapter is yet to be published. A lot of work is going on and Hamsa is becoming into a great work. Meanwhile, I thought I will share some new writing and this time tried my hands on poetry. Hope you guys will enjoy similarly in the manner you've appreciated my previous writings. As always, will be happy to receive your thoughts on this too ☺ The Last Love Letter For many mornings and many moons I thought you were one of my boons I moved the horizons to cuddle you in my arm Thought you would snuggle me with your charm I believed our moments are going to be the melodious canary Damn! I am always alone and never had you in my love story I considered, I fought the world for you every tooth and nail Alas! All I see is the restless mind that says it is a massive fail Every m

Hey Its a New Post (HAMSA)

Hello readers! Been really really long time I posted something here. I wasn’t draining out of ideas to write, but wanted to share something that is actually exciting. Actually, I been doing something that is absolutely exciting, at least to me! So without further delays I am posting my first episode of the writing. Few days ago, I was spending a large amount of quiet time thinking about a plot line and was thrilled with the overall idea. The idea, the concept, the setting of the plot and the development of the plot, everything was the effort of my wife and mine (Thank God! For blessing us with some writing abilities). So while working on this idea, I was wondering if I could share this as a Blog Episodes or rather Blogisodes . Does this word even exist? If not let me coin it! Your feedback will give us and also HAMSA an extremely enthusiastic motivation to unfold the story further. Please do not hesitate to express your thoughts. Note: The plot, the setting, the developme

Burning into a Smoulder

I can’t forget to love you more Although, the relationship has gone sore I wait for a new day with a new hope Only to see, that you would hold my hand without a mope I wanted to see a dream with you every night That has us in love and wooing you like a knight All I yearned for was a life with you Never thought you would choose to be on a different skew Those sublime talks and moments Stand as nothing but glorious testaments I really would like to recall those stories once again But damn! You chose to forget and abstain I hoped you would breathe my love always Not once I could think, it would be belittled to grim and haze For you to laugh and cry, I wanted to be your shoulder But alas! I am burning into a smoulder (Image Courtesy: Google)