Skip to main content

The Memoirs of Purani Jeans

The love for the old jeans is the best thing one can never miss in their life. Yes friends, every almirah will have a purani Jeans (old Jeans) albeit some may be of no good fit anymore. Damn the Mayonnaise and Cheese burst junk that we end up binging on.

Especially, if you are Hyderabadi the culprit for killing the happiness of wearing your old Jeans is the yummy Biryani. Kya Karen yaaron… Yeh biryani… mashallah… duniya ki aakhri cheez hai.


Truly, it brings back so many memories in our lives. Well did I say memories? My day usually begins with a late wake up and sprint around the house to finish my chores and frisk like a cop for picking up my stuff.
 
During this entire frisk, I often put my fingers on my old jeans only with a hope that someday or other, I will regain my shape and come back into those old pair of jeans. Well, to be honest over the years I think I must have grown up like an amoeba. Hate my lifestyle and my food habits.
 
Every time I look at my old jeans, the memories surrounding it are absolutely glorious and the delight is nothing short of the experience of a  first girlfriend or a first kiss. Now this reminds me of ne of the smallest sizes compared to now, has tremendous memories scribbled on it.
The phone numbers of my ex-girlfriends, half girl-friends,  tic-tac-toes and few other quotes and quotations, the adjectives depicting the mood and energy etc. were all still on the Jeans. It was absolutely an emotional high coming across the Jeans.

I am sure this could have been a similar to many of you, especially those belonging to the late 90s and mid 2000’s, as this was the time where people spent their energies on speaking in person with others around and communicated over the phones to share messages, unlike now.
The moment I took that Jeans in my hands, friends, must say the tears rolled down my eyes only for making my life so different. With pinstripes, crisp formals, laptops around, life has actually forgotten to move ahead. Truly, life has become so different that even the Jeans I wear now is all those mundane colours and fit.

In the younger days, we are always told that with education comes the wisdom to do things carefully and take decisions wisely. But I beg to differ at this point because with education I only find each one of us run for money and more money. Where have all the friends gone and where are all the streets that we roamed with pride and zest?
To top it, the pristine gatherings have met it expiry and the innocuous relationships have culminated into motive oriented. Not that I have been alienated from the social groups, but friends, I truly feel that life has become like the old Jeans which can neither fit now, nor can be can be thrown out for occupying more space.

By the way, the old Jeans I found was also one of the special memories as it was the one it took me on my first date, the first entry into a club, the first night outs we spent at our friends place. With so many firsts in life, it grew along with me, only to make me realize that I am not actually living the life rather leading life.
So numerous memoirs viz. running for our friends who were getting beaten up by other fellas, making time to hang out with your ‘love of your life’, all guy friends catching up in the nights over drinks and card games in the name of combined studies, and yes I still did not forget discovering all probabilities to find some money for taking your girl out for a club or disco etc. have all been treasured and reminisced.  

With little means to manage all the above mentioned often times and coupled with best jugaad 
skills (innovative fixes) several ‘impossibilities’ have been sorted out only with a hope that one day we will be self-sufficient to spend our monies on all our interests.

Thankfully, today many of us are in this self-sufficient state, yet, we still are unable to club whenever we want to and spend the much adequate time for ‘ourselves’. Even in any remote case, a little time is taken out for a dinner or lunch, the time in between is all spent with the gadgets and thoughts pondering on ‘which school should the kids be sent?’ and ‘when should they begin their IIT coaching?’

I am keenly looking forward the day I begin wearing not just my old jeans but also the wear those peaceful smiles and thoughts on mind.
God bless the planet!
 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made me think of my old jeans...which is still in my wardrobe...(though torn)...loved it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Love Letter

Hi Friends, It is after a long sabbatical, I am back on this space to share some thoughts with you. I know my Hamsa second chapter is yet to be published. A lot of work is going on and Hamsa is becoming into a great work. Meanwhile, I thought I will share some new writing and this time tried my hands on poetry. Hope you guys will enjoy similarly in the manner you've appreciated my previous writings. As always, will be happy to receive your thoughts on this too ☺ The Last Love Letter For many mornings and many moons I thought you were one of my boons I moved the horizons to cuddle you in my arm Thought you would snuggle me with your charm I believed our moments are going to be the melodious canary Damn! I am always alone and never had you in my love story I considered, I fought the world for you every tooth and nail Alas! All I see is the restless mind that says it is a massive fail Every m

Hey Its a New Post (HAMSA)

Hello readers! Been really really long time I posted something here. I wasn’t draining out of ideas to write, but wanted to share something that is actually exciting. Actually, I been doing something that is absolutely exciting, at least to me! So without further delays I am posting my first episode of the writing. Few days ago, I was spending a large amount of quiet time thinking about a plot line and was thrilled with the overall idea. The idea, the concept, the setting of the plot and the development of the plot, everything was the effort of my wife and mine (Thank God! For blessing us with some writing abilities). So while working on this idea, I was wondering if I could share this as a Blog Episodes or rather Blogisodes . Does this word even exist? If not let me coin it! Your feedback will give us and also HAMSA an extremely enthusiastic motivation to unfold the story further. Please do not hesitate to express your thoughts. Note: The plot, the setting, the developme

Burning into a Smoulder

I can’t forget to love you more Although, the relationship has gone sore I wait for a new day with a new hope Only to see, that you would hold my hand without a mope I wanted to see a dream with you every night That has us in love and wooing you like a knight All I yearned for was a life with you Never thought you would choose to be on a different skew Those sublime talks and moments Stand as nothing but glorious testaments I really would like to recall those stories once again But damn! You chose to forget and abstain I hoped you would breathe my love always Not once I could think, it would be belittled to grim and haze For you to laugh and cry, I wanted to be your shoulder But alas! I am burning into a smoulder (Image Courtesy: Google)