Skip to main content

The Dirty Love – Hyderabad Rains


Whoa!!! This was the expression on my face when I finally experienced the first rains of this monsoon. The monsoon this year had all possible traits that a brawny villain has in the movies. Firstly, the dark clouds that hugged the blue sky so tightly, I literally felt it were somewhere around 2.00 am while it was already 8.30 am.

Man, I cozily dunked myself in the quilts and was lost in few good dreams and suddenly I hear a thunderous noise, which was my cell phone alarm. I cursed myself for promptly setting up the alarm for obvious reasons; the nasty gadget stole few hours of my good sleep.

I soon realized that another chaotic week is yet to begin and I should be prepared to handle all the noise from all possible corners. With this heavy thought in mind and lots of sleep in eyes, I stood still and was thinking of my two choices, whether to continue to spoil myself with more sleep or enter the world of nuisance and nonsense. My heart said “Dude, get some sleep” but my impeding bills did not allow me though.  Life is a bitch. Isn’t it?

Anyway, I regretfully pushed myself to freshnup and walked towards my balcony and yes, that is the moment of end of my life, at least I think. Damn those dark black clouds still hugged the sky and the green leaves that covered the entire viewpoint like an umbrella and water dripping from every leaf, every node. (God! I am almost writing like a poet. Lemme trouble my readers only with writing. Pun intended.)

Honestly, the weather was so badly tempting at the very moment I thought I should call my boss and give him the actual opinion on him so that I can happily stay at home, enjoy the weather by sipping some piping hot coffee and burn some lungs.

However, I managed to welcome myself to reality and in all this dilly dally of thoughts and feelings, I got ready to the office and said to myself, “Here I am, On the Road Again”. (Thanks to Metallica for giving us such a great song. Can be used for almost every context I guess).



                                                     (Image Courtesy: Google Images) 

Interestingly, even after walking down the stairs, the laziness in me was so bloody loyal it didn’t leave me yet. I saw my machine (My Royal Enfield Bullet) giving multiple expressions which seemed like a wicked smile that said “Look you idiot, I will not allow you to pamper yourself with your laziness” and also I felt like it said, “Dude, look at the weather. How could you even think of taking me to your workplace? Show me few good roads in Hyderabad man. “

Anyway, with all this feel good thoughts and opinions, I finally trailed the road that leads to my office. Man! I was really surprised to experience the change in soothing mindset to the teething problems with the traffic. What a quick shift it was? I see sea of vehicles trying to dodge over as many vehicles as possible, try to enter into those little spaces between the vehicles. With a large vacuum for common sense and high degree of insanity, the roads of Hyderabad had welcomed me to ride past the critical obstacles.

The water puddles, the dirt, vehicles mobbing everyone and blocking the narrowed roads and top of it, the erosion of roads due to the myriad projects made me envisage my situation in nothing short of some maze.

With all these bundles of challenges, I reach my office to kill another day, another week. Before I close, I guess this is one more example how weirdly situations can change in a jiffy. Sob, sob.

                                                                                                               

Comments

  1. Yeah, Begumpet Traffic is worst than anything man. A big crane is arranged for some hoarding work, that is causing problem like hell. It look almost 45min from Begumpet Shopper Stop to Minister Road turning. Everyone is soldier to their war against traffic jam..No help or Concern from Govt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir, the sad part was I was going back home around 11.30- 12.00 am last nite, the traffic was even worse then. It seemed as if it is some 6.30 in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Hyderabadis are happy to welcome the monsoons with fewer chances to enjoy it. This is the plight of all those who love rains, but have to watch the water dripping down the glass panes of our large multi-stored buildings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Love Letter

Hi Friends, It is after a long sabbatical, I am back on this space to share some thoughts with you. I know my Hamsa second chapter is yet to be published. A lot of work is going on and Hamsa is becoming into a great work. Meanwhile, I thought I will share some new writing and this time tried my hands on poetry. Hope you guys will enjoy similarly in the manner you've appreciated my previous writings. As always, will be happy to receive your thoughts on this too ☺ The Last Love Letter For many mornings and many moons I thought you were one of my boons I moved the horizons to cuddle you in my arm Thought you would snuggle me with your charm I believed our moments are going to be the melodious canary Damn! I am always alone and never had you in my love story I considered, I fought the world for you every tooth and nail Alas! All I see is the restless mind that says it is a massive fail Every m

Hey Its a New Post (HAMSA)

Hello readers! Been really really long time I posted something here. I wasn’t draining out of ideas to write, but wanted to share something that is actually exciting. Actually, I been doing something that is absolutely exciting, at least to me! So without further delays I am posting my first episode of the writing. Few days ago, I was spending a large amount of quiet time thinking about a plot line and was thrilled with the overall idea. The idea, the concept, the setting of the plot and the development of the plot, everything was the effort of my wife and mine (Thank God! For blessing us with some writing abilities). So while working on this idea, I was wondering if I could share this as a Blog Episodes or rather Blogisodes . Does this word even exist? If not let me coin it! Your feedback will give us and also HAMSA an extremely enthusiastic motivation to unfold the story further. Please do not hesitate to express your thoughts. Note: The plot, the setting, the developme

Burning into a Smoulder

I can’t forget to love you more Although, the relationship has gone sore I wait for a new day with a new hope Only to see, that you would hold my hand without a mope I wanted to see a dream with you every night That has us in love and wooing you like a knight All I yearned for was a life with you Never thought you would choose to be on a different skew Those sublime talks and moments Stand as nothing but glorious testaments I really would like to recall those stories once again But damn! You chose to forget and abstain I hoped you would breathe my love always Not once I could think, it would be belittled to grim and haze For you to laugh and cry, I wanted to be your shoulder But alas! I am burning into a smoulder (Image Courtesy: Google)