Skip to main content

Cellphone Forensics






                                                    (Image Courtesy: Google Images)


Cellphone forensics, a sub-division of digital forensics, relates to recovery of digital evidence or data from a cellular phone device as per forensically best conditions. The cellphone forensic study is surging magnanimously and especially in the United States the need for cellphone forensics is being widely accepted due to unparalleled levels of connectivity. 

Certain survey reports state that about two-thirds of the populace communicates through cellular phones. In this speed of light age, this is truly a victorious piece of statistical information to know the increasing number of cellphone users. Also, it is an easily arrived logic that the information transmitted through cell phones transmits few bytes of information.

Interestingly, the packets of information that is transmitted from one cellphone to another might also contain disputes, litigation etc. In this blink of an eye era, cellphones are not merely to attend and make calls, rather they are the storehouses of information and the even more interesting point to reckon is the introduction of PDAs and GPS devices. It is believed interesting as they are the crucial catalysts in tracking information, a maligned data or a person for that matter.

Precisely, cellphone forensics is the method of safeguarding and reclaiming the information which have been saved or deleted on the phone, in situations that are tolerable to court. Understanding the concept in more detailed manner, in cell phone forensic investigation it is usually possible to recall or recover the complete data subject to the cell phone model, when and where the data was saved. This exclusive study is definitely possible, even though the data from the cell phone has been deleted.

Technically, cell phones function akin to two-way radios. A little understanding on this concept would help us know that when a user calls someone, the call is recorded by the carrier to explain which towers the caller’s phone has contacted at what time. This step makes the forensic study very easy to track a person’s whereabouts via cellphone.

Cellphone forensics exercise is executed by using the trajectory that a caller’s cell phone leaves. Albeit the concept is evolving, the outcomes of cellphone forensics can be effective in case the process is rightly done. Below are certain areas where cellphone forensics are extremely helpful and can recollect the data from anyone’s cellphone:
  • Text messages that have been deleted; these messages can be retrieved at any time, even when the   messages are deleted. In most situations, texting is regarded as more convenient activity than making calls
  • Retrieving the deleted address book information
  • Cellphone forensics is also helpful in retrieving the deleted images that have been taken with a phone
  • The study also helps in retrieving received calls, dialed calls, call duration and other details relating to call history
  • Retrieving emails, MMS and SMS messages
Overall, any data stored either in SIM memory or memory card can be retrieved through cellphone forensics.

Oftentimes, the information that has been reclaimed from a cell phone or a PDA plays a pivotal role in clarifying the false claims. This exclusive approach is more useful and rightly addresses the legal concerns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Love Letter

Hi Friends, It is after a long sabbatical, I am back on this space to share some thoughts with you. I know my Hamsa second chapter is yet to be published. A lot of work is going on and Hamsa is becoming into a great work. Meanwhile, I thought I will share some new writing and this time tried my hands on poetry. Hope you guys will enjoy similarly in the manner you've appreciated my previous writings. As always, will be happy to receive your thoughts on this too ☺ The Last Love Letter For many mornings and many moons I thought you were one of my boons I moved the horizons to cuddle you in my arm Thought you would snuggle me with your charm I believed our moments are going to be the melodious canary Damn! I am always alone and never had you in my love story I considered, I fought the world for you every tooth and nail Alas! All I see is the restless mind that says it is a massive fail Every m

Hey Its a New Post (HAMSA)

Hello readers! Been really really long time I posted something here. I wasn’t draining out of ideas to write, but wanted to share something that is actually exciting. Actually, I been doing something that is absolutely exciting, at least to me! So without further delays I am posting my first episode of the writing. Few days ago, I was spending a large amount of quiet time thinking about a plot line and was thrilled with the overall idea. The idea, the concept, the setting of the plot and the development of the plot, everything was the effort of my wife and mine (Thank God! For blessing us with some writing abilities). So while working on this idea, I was wondering if I could share this as a Blog Episodes or rather Blogisodes . Does this word even exist? If not let me coin it! Your feedback will give us and also HAMSA an extremely enthusiastic motivation to unfold the story further. Please do not hesitate to express your thoughts. Note: The plot, the setting, the developme

Burning into a Smoulder

I can’t forget to love you more Although, the relationship has gone sore I wait for a new day with a new hope Only to see, that you would hold my hand without a mope I wanted to see a dream with you every night That has us in love and wooing you like a knight All I yearned for was a life with you Never thought you would choose to be on a different skew Those sublime talks and moments Stand as nothing but glorious testaments I really would like to recall those stories once again But damn! You chose to forget and abstain I hoped you would breathe my love always Not once I could think, it would be belittled to grim and haze For you to laugh and cry, I wanted to be your shoulder But alas! I am burning into a smoulder (Image Courtesy: Google)